Frequently Asked Questions
Starting your pilot training is exciting and there are multiple steps in the process. At ATP Flight School, our job is to guide you through these steps and make your flight training an enjoyable experience. The information below will help you get fast answers to most of your top flight training questions.
Airline Career Pilot Program
- How should I prepare for my start date?
- What should I bring to training?
- What is the uniform policy or dress code?
- Why is Total Immersion Flight Training Best?
- What is ATP's Fixed Cost Pricing Policy?
- What is ATP's attendance policy?
- What are the eligibility requirements for becoming an airline pilot?
- How Can I Take Knowledge Tests Before My Class Date for a Head Start?
- Why is the ACPP Duration Increasing?
- How do I become a pilot?
- How long does it take to become a pilot?
iPad & ForeFlight
- How do I receive my discount for ForeFlight?
- Is the iPad legal for flight?
- What are some tips and tricks for using my iPad inflight?
- How can I optimize my iPad to protect my night vision?
- What is the reliability of the internal GPS and does it cause any interference?
- What are the limitations of the iPad?
- How do I ensure access to ForeFlight data when I'm not connected to the Internet?
- What are some ForeFlight tips and best practices?
- Where can I find ForeFlight instructional videos and other resources?
Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Programs
Certification Programs (Multi-Engine Ratings, ATP Certificates, etc.)
- What should I bring to training for my Multi-Engine Rating, ATP Certificate, etc.?
- Can I take an ATP checkride using my expired Knowledge Test score report?
Airman Knowledge Tests
- What if I don’t have my previous knowledge test score report?
- Does ATP offer the UAG Airman Knowledge Test?
- I need to explain my flight training loan to my cosigner. Where do I begin?
- How can I use my email address for my cosigner on the Financing Application?
- What are the identity and income verification requirements for a flight training loan?
- How can I improve my credit score in order to qualify for a loan?
- Do you have a glossary of flight training loan terminology?
- How is APR calculated?