ATP Flight School Facility at Gateway Airport

What Are The Identity & Income Verification Requirements For A Flight Training Loan?

ATP's flight training loan providers must comply with the US Patriot Act, which requires positive identification of all new customers. You may be asked to document your identity with a Driver's License, Passport, Birth Certificate, Permanent Resident Card, Social Security Card, a utility bill or copy of your lease or mortgage statement.

In order to obtain final flight training loan approvals, our lenders will require that you and/or your cosigner provide documentation of your current income. Depending on your type of income, you will need to provide at least one of the following documents:

Salaried Employees
  • A recent pay stub - no more than 60 days old and containing the company name and the employee name.
  • A letter from your employer that tells the date you started as an employee, your status (full-time, part-time, etc.) and hours you work per week, or a letter from your employer that confirms you are on a disability, military, maternity or other leave of absence.
  • Your W2 and signed tax return for the most recent tax year or (if you filed an electronic tax return) the first two printed pages of your most recent return along with the IRS confirmation notice.
  • A signed copy of the last two (2) years of Federal Personal Income Tax Return with all pages and Schedules.
Retirees (include all that apply)
  • A signed copy of the last two (2) years of Federal Personal Income Tax Return with all Schedules.
  • A copy of the most recent pension statement (1099).
  • A copy of the most recent Social Security income statement.
  • A copy of a bank statement showing direct deposit of retirement income.
  • A copy of a benefit award letter.
  • A copy of proof of current pension payment (including a check stub).
  • A copy of proof of current social security payment.
Other Income (if applicable)
  • If your income includes income from interest, rental, investment, capital gains, etc., you must submit a signed copy of the two most recent Federal Personal Income Tax Returns with all applicable Schedules.
  • If your income includes alimony, child support, or separate maintenance payments, you must also submit a copy of the divorce decree or other proof of payment and must document that the income is expected to last at least for the duration of the academic period.
  • If source of Other Income is a GI Bill®, you only need to provide proof of scheduled GI Bill® payments for the duration of the academic period.

ATP’s Finance department will assist you with every step of the process. The first step to get started is to complete the quick online financing application. If you have any questions along the way, please email [email protected] or call 904-595-7946 (direct).

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at