Virtual Ground School
- From your home, attend 30 hours of instructor-led virtual ground school on aerodynamics, high altitude operations, air carrier operations, weather phenomena and weather detection systems, leadership, professional development, crew resource management, and safety culture. Ground school start time is 0800 CT.
- Travel to Dallas, TX. FTD/Simulator training will be at ATP Jets and/or Avenger Flight Group.
FTD / Simulator
- FTD training will include 4 hours of training in a fixed-base training device, with instruction on navigation, flight management systems, and automation. Simulator training includes a total of 6 hours in a full-motion simulator, with instruction on low energy states/stalls, upset recovery techniques, and adverse weather conditions. Airline training centers operate 24/7. Expect your FTD/Simulator sessions to be scheduled any time of day or night, just like airline training.
Note: Add $200 for ATM Knowledge Prep & Test. You may register for and take the ATM Knowledge Test at any time after you receive your CTP Graduation Certificate. Before attempting the ATM knowledge test, you should be able to consistently receive a 90% on the Sheppard Air practice tests. Since individuals study at their own pace, we request that you schedule the ATM knowledge test whenever you are ready.
There is no time allotted in the CTP Training Course itinerary for administration of the Knowledge Test. If you feel you are prepared and would like to stay an extra day to take the ATM knowledge test, you may coordinate testing with the scheduler when you arrive for training.
Bridge the knowledge gap.
This program meets the requirements of FAR 61.156. It bridges the knowledge gap between a pilot who holds a commercial pilot certificate and a pilot operating in an air carrier environment. Successful completion of the ATP CTP will ensure an ATP applicant receives the baseline knowledge and experience to prepare them for the duties, responsibilities, and challenges of an air carrier environment.
Virtual Ground School
From your home, attend 30 hours of instructor-led virtual ground school on:
- Aerodynamics (8 hours)
- Meteorology (2 hours)
- Air Carrier Operations (14 hours)
- Leadership & CRM (6 hours)
4 hours of fixed-base training device (FSTD) training will include:
- Navigation and flight management systems
- Automation including autoflight
Full Flight Simulator Training
6 hours of full flight simulator training will include:
- Low energy states/stalls
- Upset recovery techniques
- Adverse weather conditions, including icing, thunderstorms, and crosswinds with gusts
ATP Jets requires a $495 non-refundable payment to reserve your class date. The remaining balance will be due at check-in.
Acceptable forms of payment are the following: American Express, MasterCard, Discover, Visa, cash, cashier’s check, money order, certified check, and traveler’s checks. These checks must be made out to “ATP Jets”.
Training facilities for the ATP CTP are located near Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) at ATP Jets training center.
ATP Knowledge Test Locations
Take the ATM knowledge test at ATP training centers nationwide.
View Locations »
Schedule your class date by calling 904-595-7995. ATP Jets requires a $495 non-refundable payment to reserve your class date. The remaining balance will be due at check-in.
Classes Start Every Monday
Check In time is 0730.
Ground school start time is 0800.
Airline training centers operate 24/7. Expect your simulator session to be scheduled any time of day or night, just like airline training.
To be eligible for this program you must:
- Hold a Private or Commercial Pilot Certificate
- Hold an Airplane Multiengine Land Rating
- Hold an Instrument Airplane Rating
- Read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
You must bring the following items for your training program:
- Un-expired, Valid US Passport (Blue), OR
- Original or Certified Copy of Government-Issued Birth Certificate and a valid government-issued photo ID
(Birth certificate must meet acceptable criteria.)
- All Pilot Certificates
- The ATP CTP is VA approved. If you intend to apply for the GI Bill® to help pay for this program (available in Dallas only), you must also bring the following required enrollment documentation:
- Certificate of eligibility
- Photocopy of Joint Services Transcript (or USAF transcripts)
- First Class FAA Medical dated within the last 6 months
- Web-enabled Mobile Device (iOS/Android phone/tablet)
- Provide your FTN (FAA Tracking Number). If you do not know your FTN or do not have one, please log in or create an account with Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application (IACRA).
Note: If you do not bring the required GI Bill® documents, you will not be eligible for GI Bill® reimbursement.
You will be training at airline training centers that have strict dress codes. The dress code for all training is business casual. Wear a collared shirt, long pants and business shoes. Military flight suits, shorts, jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes and open-toed shoes are not acceptable.