GI Bill® Eligible Training Using Your Benefits at ATP
You can use GI Bill® benefits for programs offered at ATP JETS to complete the ATP CTP course, earn an A320 type rating, or obtain your ATP certificate by combining both programs. In the Airline Career Pilot Program, GI Bill® benefits can be used to reimburse examiner and knowledge test fees.
Choose Your Training…
Maximizing Your Benefits at ATP JETS
Most veterans now have benefits under Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33). Under Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), the benefit’s maximum rate per academic year is capped. The cap for the current academic year (August 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024) is $15,497.15.
A few veterans still have benefits available to them under Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty (MGIB-AD/Chapter 30). The maximum rate for flight training benefits under Montgomery GI Bill® is capped at 60% of the approved charges.
|ATP CTP + ATM
|A320 Type Rating
Paired 7-Day Program
How to Use Your Benefits
- Schedule your program and place deposit:
- Full payment is due on day-one during check in.
- VA is filed upon completion electronically, if all documents are in order.
- VA pays the school directly and refund is processed (normally within two weeks).
- ATP JETS will phone to notify payment processing and confirm your mailing address.
- Private Pilot (minimum)
- Instrument Airplane and Multi-engine Land
- FAA First Class Medical dated within six months of your start date
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Military and post-secondary transcripts
For questions on using your benefits and to schedule your program, call 817-873-0458.
Using Your GI Bill® Benefits for the Airline Career Pilot Program
Your GI Bill® benefits can not be used to pay for the Airline Career Pilot Program – only reimbursement of FAA examiners' fees and knowledge tests. You would typically need to be enrolled in a collegiate flight training program to utilize more of your benefits. These programs will take four to five years to complete and could still cost you about $100,000 out-of-pocket, even after using your benefits. This route will ultimately cost more and delay you getting to the airlines by up to three years. When it comes to your flight training, ATP offers you the fastest, most efficient path, with full financing available at highly competitive rates.