- iPad Tips & Tricks
- Helpful tips and advice on how to practically, and safely, integrate your iPad into the inflight environment.
- iPad Limitations
- Charging, overheating, and maximum altitude limits, and warnings.
- How to Receive the ForeFlight Discount
- ATP students and instructors are eligible for discounted ForeFlight subscriptions.
- ForeFlight Tips & Best Practices
- Maintain a current database and optimize your ForeFlight experience.
- Expanded ForeFlight Procedures
- Download ForeFlight data for use inflight and when an internet connection is not available.
- ForeFlight Videos & Resources
- Download the ForeFlight user's guide and gain valuable insight through step-by-step videos.
Is the iPad Legal for Flight?
Yes. The iPad is perfectly legal for Part 91 flying as it qualifies as an electronic flight bag (AC 120-76B). It has also been approved for use by the FAA for charter and air carrier operations. For additional reading, see the September-October 2011 issue of the FAA’s Safety Briefing Newsletter.