Guaranteed Instructor Job After Your Fast Track Airline Career Pilot Program
As an Airline Career Pilot Program graduate you are guaranteed one of the most desired flight instructor jobs in the country, where you can earn up to $42,000 annually with airline tuition reimbursement and build flight experience faster than anywhere else.
Request more info to get your questions answered by a recent Airline Career Pilot Program graduate and current ATP instructor.
Your guaranteed position as an ATP flight instructor is the next career step to build the experience and flight time you need. With guaranteed instructor job placement through ATP, in about 18-22 months you will build the flight experience required for the ATP Certificate and 1500-hour airline hiring minimums.
Benefits of Instructing With ATP
- Earn up to $42,000 annually with airline tuition reimbursement, based on how much you fly.
- Gain ATP’s assistance with regional airline job placement.
- Build flight experience quickly to meet airline and corporate hiring minimums.
- Work with motivated, career-oriented students — no international students.
- Fly the largest fleet of standardized multi- and single-engine aircraft.
- Furnished housing, with no lease obligation, is available at reduced rates.
The More You Fly, The More You Earn
ATP offers more flying than any other academy, college, or small FBO, allowing you to meet your career objectives faster than anywhere else. As an ATP flight instructor, the more you fly, the more you earn, with an increasing flight hour rate based on how much you fly.
In addition to a $1,150 per month ground school guarantee and other rates for FTD hours, evaluations, exam proctoring, and introductory training flights, the hourly pay rate per flight hour increases with the number of hours flown that month.
- Fly more than 100 hours per month: $23.00 / Hr
- Fly more than 80 hours per month: $17.25 / Hr
- Fly more than 60 hours per month: $11.50 / Hr
- Fly less than 60 hours per month: $8.63 / Hr
- $100 (Private, Instrument, Commercial) and $50 (add-on rating) Bonus when your applicants pass the oral portion of a practical test on the first attempt
The chart below compares how this increasing rate affects your monthly earnings.
Estimated Monthly Earnings Based on Hours Flown
Training Center Assignments
Upon attaining your Certified Flight Instructor Certificate, ATP will offer you a selection of training centers from which to choose for your guaranteed instructor job with ATP. Typically, about 10 of ATP's 38 flight training centers will have instructor positions available at any given time. Specific training centers’ availability changes constantly, based on instructors advancing to airlines and current and future student load. We cannot guarantee that you will have an instructor position at your original training center, but you will have many options to choose from. If you do not select from among the available training centers, ATP has met its guarantee obligation. As an ATP graduate, you are always welcome to re-apply when your desired training center becomes available.
Airline Career Pilot Program graduates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for guaranteed instructor job placement:
- Graduate from the Airline Career Pilot Program with CFI & II
- Meet availability and proficiency requirements that support on-time graduation
- Fail no more than two practical tests (checkrides) (three or more checkride failures will require special review and may prevent your eligibility for guaranteed instructor job placement)
- Demonstrate professionalism, adherence to standard operating procedures, and uncompromising attention to safety-focused decisions at all times
- Have no prohibitive items on a ten-year background check, as required for airline employment
- Select a training center assignment within 2 weeks of attaining your CFI certificate (after 2 weeks, the instructor position is no longer guaranteed)
- Complete approximately 1 week of Instructor Indoc (an ATP on-boarding and proficiency program) in Jacksonville or Phoenix
After graduating the Airline Career Pilot Program with your Certified Flight Instructor certificate with the recommendation of your CFI Academy instructor, you will be required to attend ATP Instructor Indoc in either Jacksonville or Phoenix before starting your training center assignment. To reduce out-of-pocket expense, ATP provides air transportation, shared rental car, and shared apartment housing during indoc. This program focuses on making the transition from student to flight instructor, and emphasizes the reasons for why ATP operates the way it does. It will relate your ATP instructor role to making safety-focused decisions, demonstrating consistent professionalism, and ensuring ATP’s integrity with our students’ investment. Finally, you will fly with ATP’s Flight Standards instructors to demonstrate flight proficiency to the level of the Airline Transport Pilot Practical Test Standards, flying from the right seat.