Houston Flight School At David Wayne Hooks Memorial Airport (DWH)
Flight Training Programs Offered
Aircraft & Simulators
- 104 Piper Seminoles
- 69 New 2000 & Later Models
- 35 Refurbished 1979/80/97 Models
- All HSI & Garmin GNS 430
Moving Map GPS Equipped
- 55 Piper Archers
- All Garmin G500 Equipped
- 99 Cessna 172s
- All Moving Map GPS Equipped
- 5 Diamond DA40 Diamond Stars
- Garmin G1000 Glass Cockpit
- 4 CRJ-200 Regional Jet FTDs
- 19 Frasca Piper Seminole Truflite FTDs w/GNS 430
- Frasca Piper Seminole FTD w/GNS 430
- 3 ELITE RC-1 FTDs w/GNS 430
- 21 Precision Flight Controls CRX AATD
- 12 Redbird FTDs: 1 FMX, 2 LD Systems and 9 G1000 Systems
Garmin G500 Equipped
This training center features 2012-model Piper Seminoles with the Garmin G500 electronic flight deck. Study the G500 information in the Piper Seminole Training Supplement before you arrive for training.
- Car Rental
- Major car rental agencies are located at Houston Airports.
ATP has arranged discounted rates for students at participating Extended Stay Hotels. Visit extendedstayhotels.com and enter the company code "ATP" when booking.
- Comfort Suites – 8.2 mi.
- 21222 Tomball Pkwy., State Hwy 249 (281) 370-2727
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Tomball – 4.5 mi.
- 14000 Medical Complex Dr. (281) 516-0400
- Comfort Suites Tomball – 4.3 mi.
- 213636 Michel Road (281) 290-7070
- Holiday Inn Express – 4.6 mi.
- 1437 Keefer Rd (281) 351-4114
ATP Housing for Career Pilot Students
ATP offers a convenient housing option for $200 per week. You get a shared bedroom in an upscale, furnished apartment with all utilities included. (Phone service is not provided.) Well-equipped business center facilities and recreation facilities are available at all ATP apartments. Single-occupancy rooms may be available at a higher rate. With no lease obligation, this option is perfect for students in the Fast Track Airline Career Pilot Program.
- Stoneleigh Cypress Pointe
10810 Spring Cypress Rd
Tomball, TX 77375
At Stoneleigh Cypress Pointe you can enjoy being at the center of it all. Positioned to provide easy access to the greater Houston area, this gated community is just minutes from the Woodlands, and George Bush International Airport.
Area Attractions & Distance from Student Housing
ATP students reside close to the main route I20 and the beautiful Mountain Creek Lake Park. With nearby shopping and entertainment.
- David Wayne Hooks Memorial Airport (DWH) — 2 miles
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) — 23 miles
- William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) — 36 miles
- Aviator's Grill — 2 miles
- Spring Creek Barbeque — 3 miles
- Mi Rancho — 3 miles
- Lenny's Sub Shop — 2 miles
- Gratzi Italian Restaurant — 3 miles
- Chili's — 2 miles
- Buffalo Wild Wings — 4 miles
- Kroger — 2 miles
- HEB — 2 miles
- Walmart Supercenter — 4 miles
- Splashtown — 7 miles
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion — 14 miles
- Minute Maid Park — 27 miles
- Downtown Aquarium — 26 miles
- Silverado 19 IMAX — 6 miles
- Tomball Cinema 6 — 7 miles
- Movie Tavern Willowbrook — 8 miles
All flight training program information, scheduling, and pre-arrival preparation help is available from ATP Scheduling at 800-ALL-ATPS (800-255-2877).
Our instructors’ schedule demands at this flight training center prevent us from accepting walk-in visitors. If you need to speak with one of our local CFIs, please call 800-ALL-ATPS (800-255-2877) and we will help you make an appointment.
“Today I finished my training at the Houston location. Before coming to ATP I was a manager for a regional airline, and I know how the majority of comments that make their way to corporate offices are of a negative nature, this one I write to you today is quite contrary to those.
This letter is to all of your professional and personable employees you are lucky enough to have. I am very honored and proud to tell other people where my training was conducted and I hope that your employees see this letter and feel proud and honored to work for an institution that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations! Thank you to everyone at ATP!”
If you haven’t flown with ATP before, read a few testimonials that we have recently received from other pilots. Fly with ATP and you will see why we offer the best training experience in general aviation.
Houston Flight Instructor Team