Phoenix Flight School At Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (IWA)
About the Training Center
With construction having been completed towards the end of 2011, ATP's new training facility at the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport is now open. With CRJ-200 flight training devices and a fleet of new Piper Seminoles, this location is sure to be a premier destination for Airline Career Pilot Program students.
ATP's Phoenix-Mesa training center is approximately 19,000 sq. feet, including — 10,000 feet of maintenance facility and almost 9,000 sq. feet of interior space and flight simulator bays that house two CRJ-200 flight training devices. Situated on approximately 2 1/2 acres of land with ramp access, the facility features a dedicated ramp area for ATP aircraft. Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport is located 17 miles SE of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and is under a 5,000 foot shelf of Class Bravo airspace. Jet and GA traffic may operate from all three parallel runways simultaneously.
Flight Training Programs Offered
- Airline Training Programs
Aircraft & Simulators
- 101 Piper Seminoles
- 73 New 2000 & Later Models
- 28 Refurbished 1979/80/97 Models
- All HSI & Garmin GNS 430
Moving Map GPS Equipped
- 63 Piper Archers
- All Garmin G500 Equipped
- 96 Cessna 172s
- All Moving Map GPS Equipped
- 5 Diamond DA40 Diamond Stars
- Garmin G1000 Glass Cockpit
- 4 CRJ-200 Regional Jet FTDs
- 19 Frasca Piper Seminole Truflite FTDs w/GNS 430
- Frasca Piper Seminole FTD w/GNS 430
- 3 ELITE RC-1 FTDs w/GNS 430
- 21 Precision Flight Controls CRX AATD
- 12 Redbird FTDs: 1 FMX, 2 LD Systems and 9 G1000 Systems
Garmin G500 Equipped
This training center features 2012-model Piper Seminoles with the Garmin G500 electronic flight deck. Study the G500 information in the Piper Seminole Training Supplement before you arrive for training.
- Mesa Airport Shuttle – .1 mile
- (480) 860-6060
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – .1 mile
- (480) 988-7408
- National Car Rental – .1 mile
- (888) 826-6890
- Alamo Rent-A-Car – .1 mile
- (888) 826-6893
ATP has arranged discounted rates for students at participating Extended Stay Hotels. Visit extendedstayhotels.com and enter the company code "ATP" when booking.
- Four Points By Sheraton – 1.4 mi.
- 6850 E. Williams Field Rd., Mesa, AZ – (480) 579-2100
Free shuttle anywhere within 5 mile radius.
- SPECIAL ATP RATE Hampton Inn & Suites – 5.5 mi.
- 3265 South Market Street, Gilbert, Arizona, 85297 – (480) 543-1500
Complimentary shuttle to Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. Book online to receive ATP's corporate rate.
- La Quinta – 5.5 mi.
- 6530 E Superstition Springs Blvd – (480) 654-1970
- SPECIAL ATP RATE Country Inns & Suites – 6.4 mi.
- 6550 E Superstition Springs Blvd – (480) 641-8000
Special ATP Rate: $89-$139 per night. Ask for the "ATP Flight School Rate".
- SPECIAL ATP RATE Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix - Gilbert – 8.0 mi.
- 3265 S Market St, Gilbert, AZ 85297 – (480) 543-1500
Special ATP Rate: $75-$129 per night. Ask for the "ATP Flight Rate".
ATP Housing for Career Pilot Students
ATP offers a convenient housing option for $200 per week. You get a shared bedroom in an upscale, furnished apartment with all utilities included. (Phone service is not provided.) Well-equipped business center facilities and recreation facilities are available at all ATP apartments. Single-occupancy rooms may be available at a higher rate. With no lease obligation, this option is perfect for students in the Airline Career Pilot Program.
- San Montego Apartments
6745 East Superstition Springs Boulevard
Mesa, AZ 85206
San Montego is centrally located in Mesa with an assortment of nearby activities and shopping.
Area Attractions & Distance from Student Housing
ATP’s housing is located in the East Valley. The surrounding neighborhoods offer recreational attractions, department stores and a great selection of restaurants. Mileage amounts are not exact, please check google maps for exact mileage and directions.
- Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport (PHX) – 6 miles
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) – 22 miles
- Superstition Springs Golf Club – .7 miles
- Desert Sands Golf Course – 2 miles
- Toka Sticks Golf Course – 6 miles
- Lost Dutchman State Park—At the Superstition Mountain – 16 miles
- Salt River Hiking, Tubing and Horse Back Riding – 20 miles
- Fry's Food – .5 mile
- Walmart Supercenter – 1 mile
- Harkins Theaters – .6 mile
- Chipotle – .3 mile
- PF Chang's China Bistro – .3 mile
- BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse – .3 mile
- Old Chicago – .5 mile
- Superstition Springs Mall – 1 mile
All flight training program information, scheduling, and pre-arrival preparation help is available from ATP Scheduling at 800-ALL-ATPS (800-255-2877).
Our instructors’ schedule demands at this flight training center prevent us from accepting walk-in visitors. If you need to speak with one of our local CFIs, please call 800-ALL-ATPS (800-255-2877) and we will help you make an appointment.
“I would like to take this time to personally thank everyone at ATP Phoenix for their dedication and professionalism throughout my training. I couldn't have asked for a better flight training experience and am grateful to have had the opportunity to train there. If you have an interest in aviation and want the best training, look no further than ATP. You will not only walk away with all your ratings but an experience that you will never forget.”
If you haven’t flown with ATP before, read a few testimonials that we have recently received from other pilots. Fly with ATP and you will see why we offer the best training experience in general aviation.
Phoenix Flight Instructor Team