Richmond Flight School At Richmond International Airport (RIC)
Flight Training Programs Offered
- Airline Training Programs
- Airline Career Pilot Program
- 50 Hour Multi-Engine Option
- Airline Career Pilot Program
Aircraft & Simulators
- 98 Piper Seminoles
- 73 New 2000 & Later Models
- 28 Refurbished 1979/80/97 Models
- All HSI & Garmin GNS 430
Moving Map GPS Equipped
- 89 Piper Archers
- All Garmin G500 Equipped
- 127 Cessna 172s
- All Moving Map GPS Equipped
- 5 Diamond DA40 Diamond Stars
- Garmin G1000 Glass Cockpit
- Cessna CE-525 CitationJet
- 4 CRJ-200 Regional Jet FTDs
- 19 Frasca Piper Seminole Truflite FTDs w/GNS 430
- Frasca Piper Seminole FTD w/GNS 430
- 47 Precision Flight Controls CRX AATD
- 13 Redbird FTDs: 1 FMX, 2 LD Systems and 10 G1000 Systems
Garmin G500 Equipped
This training center features 2012-model Piper Seminoles with the Garmin G500 electronic flight deck. Study the G500 information in the Piper Seminole Training Supplement before you arrive for training.
- Car Rental
- National Car Rental – 0.5 mi. – (804) 222-7477
- Avis Rent-A-Car – 0.5 mi. – (804) 222-7417
- Thrifty – 0.5 mi. – (804) 222-0287
- Hotel Shuttle
- Contact hotels regarding transportation availability to and from the airport.
ATP has arranged discounted rates for students at participating Extended Stay Hotels. Visit extendedstayhotels.com and enter the company code "ATP" when booking.
- Motel 6 – 0.3 mi.
- (804) 222-7600
- Americas Best Value Inn – 0.3 mi.
- (804) 222-2780
- Days Inn – 0.4 mi.
- (804) 222-2041
- Homewood Suites – 0.5 mi.
- (804) 737-1600
- Econo Lodge – 0.5 mi.
- (804) 222-1020
- Microtel – 0.5 mi.
- (804) 737-3322
ATP Housing for Career Pilot Students
ATP offers a convenient housing option. You get a shared bedroom in an upscale, furnished apartment with all utilities included. (Phone service is not provided.) Well-equipped business center facilities and recreation facilities are available at all ATP apartments. With no lease obligation, this option is perfect for students in the Airline Career Pilot Program.
- Rivermont Crossing
1530 River Tree Drive
Chester, VA 23836
Located in one of America’s oldest major cities, this housing community offers modern luxury, in a very historic district. These homes come with oversized closets, high ceilings, stainless steel appliances, and a washer and dryer. When summer temperatures begin to rise, cool off in the breathtaking zero entry pool.
All flight training program information, scheduling, and pre-arrival preparation help is available from ATP Scheduling at 800-ALL-ATPS (800-255-2877).
Our instructors’ schedule demands at this flight training center prevent us from accepting walk-in visitors. If you need to speak with one of our local CFIs, please call 800-ALL-ATPS (800-255-2877) and we will help you make an appointment.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and the valuable ATP staff and instructors at Richmond for making my flight training experience very productive. I have found it very rewarding to go through the Airline Career Pilot Program. I gained aeronautical experience and knowledge that could not be matched by any other flight school, especially in the time frame promised. My instructors were extremely knowledgeable throughout the program and always willing to help.”
If you haven’t flown with ATP before, read a few testimonials that we have recently received from other pilots. Fly with ATP and you will see why we offer the best training experience in general aviation.