Richmond Flight School At Richmond International Airport (RIC)
Flight Training Programs Offered
Aircraft & Simulators
- 104 Piper Seminoles
- 69 New 2000 & Later Models
- 35 Refurbished 1979/80/97 Models
- All HSI & Garmin GNS 430
Moving Map GPS Equipped
- 55 Piper Archers
- All Garmin G500 Equipped
- 99 Cessna 172s
- All Moving Map GPS Equipped
- 5 Diamond DA40 Diamond Stars
- Garmin G1000 Glass Cockpit
- 4 CRJ-200 Regional Jet FTDs
- 19 Frasca Piper Seminole Truflite FTDs w/GNS 430
- Frasca Piper Seminole FTD w/GNS 430
- 3 ELITE RC-1 FTDs w/GNS 430
- 21 Precision Flight Controls CRX AATD
- 12 Redbird FTDs: 1 FMX, 2 LD Systems and 9 G1000 Systems
Garmin G500 Equipped
This training center features 2012-model Piper Seminoles with the Garmin G500 electronic flight deck. Study the G500 information in the Piper Seminole Training Supplement before you arrive for training.
- Car Rental
- National Car Rental – 0.5 mi. – (804) 222-7477
- Avis Rent-A-Car – 0.5 mi. – (804) 222-7417
- Thrifty – 0.5 mi. – (804) 222-0287
- Hotel Shuttle
- Contact hotels regarding transportation availability to and from the airport.
ATP has arranged discounted rates for students at participating Extended Stay Hotels. Visit extendedstayhotels.com and enter the company code "ATP" when booking.
- Motel 6 – 0.3 mi.
- (804) 222-7600
- Americas Best Value Inn – 0.3 mi.
- (804) 222-2780
- Days Inn – 0.4 mi.
- (804) 222-2041
- Homewood Suites – 0.5 mi.
- (804) 737-1600
- Econo Lodge – 0.5 mi.
- (804) 222-1020
- Microtel – 0.5 mi.
- (804) 737-3322
ATP Housing for Career Pilot Students
ATP offers a convenient housing option for $200 per week. You get a shared bedroom in an upscale, furnished apartment with all utilities included. (Phone service is not provided.) Well-equipped business center facilities and recreation facilities are available at all ATP apartments. Single-occupancy rooms may be available at a higher rate. With no lease obligation, this option is perfect for students in the Fast Track Airline Career Pilot Program.
- Lakefield Mews
4431 Lakefield Mews Dr.
Richmond, VA 23231
Apartments are fully equipped with: ceiling fan(s), dishwasher, and washer & dryer in each unit.
All flight training program information, scheduling, and pre-arrival preparation help is available from ATP Scheduling at 800-ALL-ATPS (800-255-2877).
Our instructors’ schedule demands at this flight training center prevent us from accepting walk-in visitors. If you need to speak with one of our local CFIs, please call 800-ALL-ATPS (800-255-2877) and we will help you make an appointment.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and the valuable ATP staff and instructors at Richmond for making my flight training experience very productive. I have found it very rewarding to go through the Airline Career Pilot Program. I gained aeronautical experience and knowledge that could not be matched by any other flight school, especially in the time frame promised. My instructors were extremely knowledgeable throughout the program and always willing to help.”
If you haven’t flown with ATP before, read a few testimonials that we have recently received from other pilots. Fly with ATP and you will see why we offer the best training experience in general aviation.
Richmond Flight Instructor Team